Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Podcast Is Mutating

Change is on the way

With the changing of feeds come many more possible alterations. I'm taking this as an oppurtunity to tweak with the podcast a little. I'm looking for this to be almost a fresh start.

The first order of business is finding a co-host. It's been fun so far, but I kind of want to move on from a one man show. The fact that I still get plenty of positive feedback boggles me (many thanks to all of you by the way), since I tend to bore myself to death. I'm hoping that the show will evolve into something better and continue to do so over time.

So please, be as critical as you can. Tell me what you like, what you don't like and anything new that you think might improve the show. Things may change a lot, or they may stay pretty much the same. I do feel it's time to test the waters.

Should I cut down the number of books covered? Should I focus more/less on any certain topic? Should I spend more time discussing news, or should I go more in depth in my comic reviews? More listener interaction? More discussion on the older comics?

I'll take everything suggested into consideration. I have my a general feel about the format right now, but just want to open it up for more ideas.

Anything you can come up with would be great. You can comment here or send an email to wolverinepodcast@yahoo.com

6 comments:

  1. dude, i think you shouldn't cut down on the amount of books you go over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of keeping most of the X-books I'm already covering, but with the new Wolverine mini series coming in the next couple months it could get a little bulky. That's actually why I'm going to twice a month, split them in half.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to say that but i guess you beat me too it. That's what the Batman universe guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah, I'm just too quick.

    Thanks for the feedback though. I definitely won't be dropping ANY Wolverine books...but if it gets to a point that it's overwhelming, I may have to pass on an X-Men book every once in a while if I'm low on cash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you feel like you're being bogged down with too many books to review, I suggest reviewing only those that are Wolverine-centric (i.e. Wolverine played a main role in the book and didn't just cameo in it). I also think you should keep doing reviews for the "X-23" and "Daken: Dark Wolverine" series; although Wolverine hasn't been really featured in either books (but I might be wrong about "Daken" since I'm not reading it until the trade comes out) those are the ones that I look forward to the most, especially "X-23" (<-shouldn't be much of a surprise there! hahaha!)

    As for finding a co-host, I guess it'll be cool to hear you and another person throw ideas and opinions off of one another but I'm still a fan of the "one-man show" with occasional on-air guests. But in the end, it's your choice and I'll keep listening nonetheless.

    btw, what time-zone are you on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, X-23 and Daken were never in question. I plan on continuing to review all of the X-Books on the blog, because they are all in my pull list anyways. It's not a matter of being worn down by too many reviews, in fact I enjoy doing them. I was just wondering if people feel that some of these team books seem irrelevant to the big picture, so even if I reviewed them here, maybe listeners prefer to keep them out of the podcast. Of course I consider X-Force to be the most Wolverine-centric of these books, so that will also remain untouched.

    Thanks a lot for the feedback. The one man show with guests is an idea to consider as well, so we'll see how things go. Right now my focus is on transitioning the feed smoothly since I'm done with Podomatic.

    Also, I'm in the west coast so it would be PST.

    ReplyDelete